Wednesday Vignette

Another quick post. Mondays and Tuesdays are so busy for me, but I can find a few minutes to post a quick vignette. This meme is hosted by Anna of Flutter and Hum. Thanks, Anna!

I caught my Cotinus 'Grace' looking quite lovely with the morning light shining through it. The pattern of light and shadow captured my gaze as I surveyed the yard, now without deer cages around the plants (to be celebrated in a later post).






By the time this post is published, my mother and I will be on our way to visit family friends in the Okanogan. Pre-scheduled posts are a wonderful thing.

Comments

  1. Although I don't grow a smoke bush, I've stopped on my walks around the neighborhood to take a picture of others': when the light shines through the leafs it's magnificent and eye catching.
    Hope you have a wonderful time at the Okanogan; find shade and hydrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to get two more, 'Golden Spirit' and a green one, possibly plain Cotinus obovatus. I love the cool green of the leaves and think the purplish pink "smoke" looks better on the green than the purple or gold foliage.

      Delete
  2. Goof afternoon! I was wondering if you would be interested in a guest blogging opportunity with Gardening Know How? If so, please e-mail me for details at:
    shelley AT gardeningknowhow DOT com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The light accents the rich color. I'm trying to imagine my garden without all the deer fences and wire circles, it would be glorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any possibility of turning that into reality someday? It's a wonderful feeling knowing your plants are safe and you can enjoy the views.

      Delete
  4. I thought it was variegated at first, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. And you can't even tell that the deer ate several branches before the fence went up!

      Delete
  6. Light and shadow play with your Cotinus most effectively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to remember this so I don't block the light with future plantings.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful, Evan. Like a stain glass window. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts