A Dragonfly on Friday

Not a very creative title, but it seems like everyone else has been posting pictures of dragonflies lately and I finally had the opportunity to snag one of my own. The 'Lucifer' crocosmia, which are flowering at least two to three weeks earlier than usual, make a more photogenic perch than the fence around the former vegetable garden turned pot ghetto.


Thus concludes my week of lazy, short posts. Next week I'll probably be returning to my usual long-winded ramblings. Thanks for reading both!

Comments

  1. Nice! Have yet to spot one in our garden this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks like he's about to chomp on that crocosmia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dragonfly. The ones in my yard have black bands across their wings. My Crocosmia Lucifer is blooming early too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love dragonflies. How do you get them to sit still for the picture?
    (ask nicely?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely shot! It is a Four- spotted Chaser, I saw one yesterday and looked it up. Apparently they are called Four Spotted Skimmers in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely shot! It is a Four- spotted Chaser, I saw one yesterday and looked it up. Apparently they are called Four Spotted Skimmers in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the joy of bug-spotting. Saw my first monarch butterfly the other day...guess that milkweed is doing its job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts