Wordless Wednesday: back to plants

My last post was a little off-topic for a garden blog, so I wanted to get back to celebrating plants with this Wednesday Vignette, hosted by Anna of Flutter & Hum. No deep revelations or big news. Just green, growing things.

This scene caught my eye last week at Cistus Nursery. The Bignonia capreolata growing up the eucalyptus trunk adds a pop of color to this green and taupe scene. Vitis vinifera 'Purpurea' and Smilax add green texture. Later, the grape leaves will take on more purple coloration, but for now the flowers add the splash of color.

Comments

  1. Very nice flowers. Bignonia, huh? Now it's all of a sudden on my radar - love the color! I learn something new every day... As for being off-topic - what's wrong with that? I feel like I do it all the time, and justifying it by believing all things are connected. Your straying is excused, and I'm so glad for you, and for the fact that you wrote it. Sending you all the good karma I have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The combo will provide a nice succession of colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purty! That garden is full of great plant combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been lucky to have you at Cistus regularly to point out what is noteworthy. I expect you will do the same wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each of these plants is good on their own, but as a combo is a knock out. Probably not incidental but thought up by a garden genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice combination. At least the eucalyptus can hold its own with the Bignonia!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts